XTERRA Beaver Creek Trail Runs - 5/10/21km
BEAVER CREEK RESORT, AVON, CO | JULY 20, 2014 - 8AM
Trail runs in Colorado can be a breathtaking experience in more ways than one, and the XTERRA Beaver Creek Trail Run is no exception. The course offers scenic views while taking runners along 2,400 feet of climbing in the thin Colorado air. It will also count as part of the XTERRA Colorado Trail Run Series, so 21km runners can earn valuable points toward a series championship.
There will be a 21km, 10K and 5K courses for the whole family to enjoy.
Event t-shirts are guaranteed for all athletes registering by June 30.
Walk-ups and registrations after July 1 are not guaranteed a t-shirt.
You must be present to receive awards.
Calling all Volunteers!
We are always looking for people to help with the XTERRA Beaver Creek Trail Runs and the XTERRA Mountain Championship off-road triathlon. If you have a few hours to spare and would like to fill one of a variety of volunteer roles, contact our volunteer coordinator at email@example.com.
For more information about the XTERRA Beaver Creek Trail Runs, call 877-XTERRA-1.
Click image for larger version
Note: 21km map will be posted soon.
This year’s XTERRA Beaver Creek Trail Run will hit the trails for 5K, 10K and 21K runs through aspen glades, along skyways and singletrack, returning to the base of Beaver Creek Village for the post-race party! There is an elevation gain of approximately 700 feet for the 5K, and 1,300 feet for the 10K. It will follow the same trails as the XTERRA Mountain Championship off-road triathlon on July 20.
- Start with a slight climb to service road under Chair 1 - Gondola
- Cross Kiva skier bridge over paved road and turn left down hill, paralleling road
- Turn Right onto "Buddie's Way" single track, this turns into a double track skiway
- Turn Left onto "Aspen Glade" singletrack
- At "Cinch" service road, turn right, follow this down below the horse stables.
- Just past the road bend below the stables, turn left onto "Village Loop" single track.
- When you intersect "Cinch", turn left. 5K racers will then take an immediate right to the finish!
- 10K racers continue left on "Cinch" past an aid station and turn left up onto "Five Senses" singletrack after crossing over Beaver Creek
- "Five Senses" intersects "Village Rd." for a few hundred feet then back onto dirt trail, follow this up to intersect with "Beaver Lake Trail" service road at this point.
- Turn left up service road and then shortly after a right onto "Lost Buck Spur" singletrack.
- As you cross under ski lift #12, follow "Stack-it" single track across then down hill.
- Follow "Stack-it" below "Lost Buck" service road and the water tank.
- When "Stack-it" intersects "Lost Buck", take this service road to the bottom
- Cross "Strawberry Park Skier Bridge" to Finish!
East-West Resorts Beaver Creek
Learn more at http://www.eastwestbeavercreek.com/
RENTAL CAR DISCOUNTS FOR XTERRA ATHLETES
We've partnered with the following rental car companies to offer special rates to XTERRA athletes nation-wide of up to 20% off your car rental. Click on the company logo to book your rental car today.